CSF COVID GUIDELINES
Safe and Fun. Those are two words that come up a lot at CSF these days. The COVID-19 crisis has impacted our entire world. At CSF we want to do our part in helping limit the impact of this virus. This means caring for people’s physical health and their overall mental/emotional/spiritual well being too. That’s why we’ve listed our primary safety guidelines here. You’ll also see the fun we still hope to have in all of this (click here!). The coronavirus is a serious epidemic that requires a thoughtful response but it doesn’t have to entirely take away the fun and joy the college experience can offer.
What are we doing to help keep the CSF community safe and healthy?
- We’re moving our largest weekly events, Shift and Synergy, to Southland Christian Church on Richmond Road to provide increased space for social distancing.
- We’ve increased the frequency of our sanitizing and cleaning procedures, both during and between events.
- We’ve installed hand sanitizer stations at entrances and throughout the building.
- Events are being structured to allow for social distancing, with increased spacing between chairs, tables and walkways.
- Participants will wear protective face masks. We have extras if you need a mask!
- Synergy will include an online broadcast for those who prefer not to attend in person.
- As always, CSF works to form many smaller, more intimate communities where people can enjoy close friendships. We’re placing added emphasis on small groups and smaller events this semester to help create safe spaces to get plugged in.
- We’re practicing key safety measures when serving food, utilizing masks, gloves, food shields and eliminating self-serve buffets.
- All staff, students and visitors will be required to check in online before entering CSF events to assist with contact tracing.
How can you help?
- If you’re feeling sick, stay home and get some rest! CSF will still be here when you’re feeling better. If there’s anything we can do to help while you’re sick let us know. Like Jesus, we’re here to serve. In the meantime you can check out Synergy online.
- Wear a mask! It helps keep the people around you safe, and gives you a new way to accessorize your face.
- Wash your hands frequently and take advantage of the touch-free hand sanitizer stations we’ve placed throughout the building.
- Keep six feet of distance between you and anyone not part of your intimate social circle (e.g. your roommates or boyfriend/girlfriend). We want CSF to be a place where people develop great friendships but we’re going to do our best to be friends from just a little farther away for now.
- Come a little earlier when you attend events. It’ll take a little more time to get through check-in lines, so give yourself plenty of time… also leave plenty of room between yourself and other in the check-in lines. Please stand on the marked spaces while in line.
- We know you want to sit with your friends, but try not to move chairs around at CSF events. All events will be set up to help maintain social distancing and follow distancing guidelines.
- If someone you live with is diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID, we ask you to consider potentially self-isolating for a period of time in accordance with the best practices suggested by leading health organizations in our state/country/world.
- If you’re new at CSF and want to know how you can get plugged in, visit www.ukcsf.org/new. We’d love to grab coffee (either in-person or over facetime/zoom) and get to know you!
Thanks for being gracious with us as we try to navigate this weird semester together. We want to be safe, and we also want to have fun (click here!) as we create a home for students on campus. Please let us know how we can help you find your place at CSF this semester.